I love everything that has chocolate in it. I like it even more if it has melted chocolate in it. So you can imagine I absolutely LOVE moist chocolate cupcake-ish cakes with melted chocolate on the inside, which oozes out when you put your spoon in the little cake. That's exactly what a Moelleux Au Chocolat is. It's also known as a chocolate lava cake or chocolate molten cake, because the chocolate oozes out like lava out of a volcano. Anyway, this is a truly devine dessert, and the good thing: it's extremely simple to make!
Let's take a look at this devine dessert. This is what you'll need for about 10 to 12 little chocolate lava cakes
Chocolate lava cake, easy recipe:
1) Take a muffin tin and put little muffin papers in it. You can also use it without the papers or you can use soufflé tins, but I think it's a lot easier to take the molten lava cakes out in one piece when using the muffin incl. papers.
2) Preheat the oven (180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
Moelleux au Chocolat recipe
1) Melt the chocolate and the butter au bain marie (in a bowl over hot water)
2) Whisk the 3 eggs untill fluffy and light yellow. Use a kitchen aid or electric mixer.
3) Sieve the flour and add it to the egg mixture. Also add the sugar. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4) Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture to the eggs and whisk until combined.
5) Fill the cupcake pan with the mixture and place into the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes. I baked it for 7 minutes, but it was not molten enough for my taste. So it depends on the oven how long it takes to bake the chocolate lava cakes.
Amazing, delicious molten lava cakes. They are a bit too firm for my taste. The inside could have been a bit more liquid, but it is still an amazing dessert!
1) You can make the mixture ahead so you don't have to fuzz around in the kitchen when throwing a dinner party. Just put the mixture in the cupcake pan and place it in the freezer. Take it out when you need it and place it (frozen) into the oven for about 9,5 to 10 minutes (180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Last Christmas we ate molten lava cakes for dessert with a cooking pear, vanilla ice cream and some strawberry coulis. An easy but very delicious dessert.
|Yum! Amazing Christmas dessert. |
(It's a phone picture in a dark room, so the quality is very bad. Sorry about that)